true facts bible There’s a lot of really interesting stuff to learn about the Bible beyond its core message
1. The Bible was written in three languages
Those languages are Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Most of our Old Testament was written in Hebrew, which was the language the original readers spoke.
2. The Bible is about 611,00 words long
In those original languages, the Bible’s word count is about 611,000.
That word count is not going to line up with your Bible though, for a few reasons:
- When translating the Bible from its original languages to English, translators tend to use more words to get across the original author’s point.
3. The longest book of the Bible is Jeremiah
This prophet had a lot to say. He even wrote in the twentieth chapter of his book:
But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
4.There are at least 185 songs
About 150 of these are in the book of Psalms. (I say “about” because there’s some debate as to whether. A few of the separate Psalms were originally meant to be sung as one.)But throughout both the Old and New Testaments, people will sing songs about God or the events around them.
5. There are 21 dreams
Sometimes in the Bible, God communicates to people in dreams. Some of them are symbolic (like the dreams in Daniel), and some involve explicit instructions from God.
Dreams fascinate me, and I figure they’re interesting to you, too. Since God has revealed some of His word through dreams. I thought it might be cool to find all the dreams in the Bible.
True Facts bible 6 TO 10
6. In 1631, a publishing company published a Bible with the typo “Thou Shalt Commit Adultery.” Only 9 of these Bibles, known as the “Sinners’ Bible” exist today.
7. The full Bible has been translated into 532 languages. It has been partially translated into 2,883 languages
8. The King James Bible contains 788,258 words, 31,102 verses, 1,189 chapters, and 66 books.
9. The shortest book in the Bible is Psalm 117, with just 2 verses
10. According to one author, God killed about 25 million people in the Bible. Satan kills about 60 people, 10 of whom God allowed Satan to kill as part of a bet in the Book of Job.
WWW.FACQUO.COM IS WORLD BEST SITE