1.The Egyptians invented the 365-days a year calendar
facts about Egypt! Yes, the ancient Egyptians invented the 365-days a year calendar, to predict the yearly floodings of the Nile river.
2. WORLD’S OLDEST DRESS WAS FOUND HERE. 5000 YEARS OLD
How cool is that? Egypt may be home to the world’s first fashion house. I wonder if they had their own brand as well?
3. THE GREAT PYRAMIDS WAS NOT BUILT BY SLAVES
Many people believe the pyramids were being built by slaves, but that’s is not the case. They were paid laborers, and most of them built with great honor towards the Pharao and those who died were buried in the tombs near the sacred pyramids. facts about Egypt!
4. GREATER CAIRO IS THE LARGEST CITY IN AFRICA AND THE MIDDLE EAST
With an estimated population of 22 million and approximately 500 square km, Cairo is the largest city in Africa and the Middle East.
5. THERE ARE 5 MILLION FACEBOOK USERS IN EGYPT
That’s a lot of Facebook users, and it’s continuously growing. Five million users make it the most active Facebook community in the Middle East.
6. THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN EGYPT IS FOOTBALL
Another fun fact about Egyptian football. There are two teams that are fierce rivals, but still sharing the same stadium, much like in Italy were A.C Milan and Inter are sharing the same stadium, even though they are rivals!
7. EVERY CITY HAD THEIR FAVORITE GOD DURING ANCIENT TIMES
The Ancient Egyptians had so many gods that literally every city had their own favorite deity.
8. EGYPT IS HOME TO ONE OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST DAM
Aswan high dam is the world’s largest dam, built to contain the raging waters of the world’s longest river, the Nile.
9. THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS ARABIC
But, many also understand English or French. Egypt is also home to the largest Arabic population, another interesting fact about Egypt.
10. EGYPT HAS MORE THAN 3451 HOURS OF SUN EACH YEAR
facts about Egypt Aswan is the third sunniest place in the world with 3863 hours of sun each year, that’s 10 hours of sun a day!