Cricket World Cup, international cricket championship held at four-year intervals that is the premier contest in one-day cricket and one of the most-watched sporting events in the world.
- The first cricket world cup was held in England in7 June 1975. During that time it was conducted as 60 overs per side ODI tournament.
2. In the 1975 World Cup final, West Indies opener Roy Fredricks lost balance and kicked the leg stump with his left leg after hooking a Dennis Lillee bouncer.
3. Australia became the first country to win three consecutive world cup tournament in 2007.
4. In 1975 and 1979 Clive Lloyd of West Indies, In 2003 and 2007 Ricky Ponting of Australia are the only captains to win world cup twice.
5. Chetan Sharma was the first person to took a hat-trick in the world cup cricket in 1987.
(Also Read: – Some Interesting Fun Facts About Sports)
6. Nolan Clarke of the Netherlands was the oldest player to play in the world cup in the 1996 (47years and 257 days).
7. Until now Australia had won world cup 5 times, India 2 times, West Indies 2 times, Pakistan and Sri Lanka each one time.
8. Australia and New Zealand were the only two countries to host the opening ceremony twice for the first time in 2015.
9. First ODI hit wicket happened in the finals of 1975 world cup. Roy Fredericks a West Indian hit the stumps while going to defend the short ball.
10. First time in the finals of 2011 world cup coin toss has taken place twice.
11. The only team to win both 50 overs and 60 overs world cup is India (1983 and 2011).